Saturday, June 11, 2011

Message #15

I love my family. I want to live with them forever. I've been around other families, and now know how I want to treat my family. Even though I'm older, I don't want to be the bratty movie star older sister teenager. I still want to play with my younger siblings. I still play little princess games sometimes, and it's fun. I don't WANT to be a bratty person that people look at me as a "perfect" teen. I want people to look at me as a kind girl who wants to have fun.
When I am tired, I yell at others. I shout because I have asked them kindly once to stop doing something annoying. They still do it! So I shout, "STOP IT!!" My little brother says, "I will once you stop yelling." I say back (in a louder tone) "I'M ONLY SHOUTING BECAUSE YOU 'WONT' STOP!" He then again says, "Shhhh....." My mind is throbbing and is about to burst. I then realize I am tired. I am only acting like a brat because I am tired. I will try control myself. So I apologize. This is an example of HOW to be a good sibling. If you know another sibling is having a hard time, help them out and don't make things worse. Try to understand others.
Just a thought.
~Sandee Beech

2 comments:

  1. I think that realizing that we are upset because we're tired, hungry, stressed, etc., and not because what is happening is actually a big deal, is a big part of self-control and growing up. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete